Link to bkb
Messages questions and stories
Bonding (brackets on)
Jaws wired together
Parts of your teeth
Names of teeth
Parts of your braces
Other related words
Maintainers and regainers
Class II activator
Other Wilson appliances
Removable ricketts retainer
Standard jasper jumper
Gentle jasper jumper
Hybrid twinblock expander
Anterior bite plate
Lingual space maintainer
Elastics and springs
Lingual fixed braces
Clear fixed braces
Gold fixed braces
Old style facemask
Removable MB appliance
Fixed habit crib
Removable habit crib
What is this site missing? I'll add it.
Join this site to get a picture
by your comments.
- Acid etch
- A procedure where a weak acid smeared on your teeth to ready your teeth
for brackets. The acid etch helps your brackets stay on better.
- the process of cementing orthodontic bands to your teeth
- the process of attaching brackets to your teeth using a special safe glue
- Cephalometric X-Rays
- An x-ray of the head that shows whether your teeth are aligned properly,
and whether they are growing properly.
- The Consultation
- A meeting with your orthodontist where he discusses your treatment plan
- the removal of cemented orthodontic bands.
- The removal of the brackets from your teeth
- Extraoral photograph
- facial photos.
- The first step in making a model of your teeth. You bite into a container
filled with algenate, and the algenate hardens to produce a mold of your
- Interceptive Orthodontic Treatment
- Orthodontic treatment usually done when you are 6-8. The objective of
interceptive orthodontic treatment is to expand your palate and make other
corrections, so that your later orthodontic treatment goes quicker and is less
- A process where an archwire is attached to the brackets on your teeth.
- An adjective used to describe components used to attach archwires to
brackets. For example a ligating module is a small plastic piece that goes
over the brackets to hold in your archwires.
- Panoramic x-ray
- An x-ray taken by a machine that rotates around your head to give the
orthodontist a picture of your teeth, jaws and other important information.
- The records appointment
- One of the initial appointments with your orthodontist. The orthodontist
or his/her assistant takes pictures of you, x-rays, and impressions so that
they can figure out what treatment needs to be done.
- Tightening your braces
- A process which occurs every 3-6 weeks when you have braces. You go into
the orthodontist's office and the orthodontist's assistant either makes
adjustments to the wires in your braces, or changes the wires.
- Wax bite
- A procedure to measure how well your teeth come together. You bite a sheet
of wax and leave bitemark in the wax. The orthodontist looks at the bitemarks
to see how well your teeth are aligned.